November 20, 2012
Dr. Dan Loy
Beef Extension Specialist & Iowa Beef Center Director
Iowa State University
Prices for commodities, hay and other feed stuffs have doubled or tripled in value over the last few years. These increases have magnified the cost of feed loss in storage and feeding.
In this webinar, Dr. Dan Loy, Extension Beef Specialist with Iowa State University, addresses options producers have to reduce these losses.
Dr. Loy also wrote a paper outlining how and where feed loss occurs in hauling, storage and feeding. Good management practices can reduce these losses and improve efficiency of feed utilization. For more information please see Feed Management - Bunker to Bunk (PDF 262KB).
Back to Videos and Webinars page
Beef Cattle Production
- Cow-calf, Bull and Heifer Nutrition and Management
- Breeding, Genetics & Reproduction
- Backgrounding, Yearling and Feedlot Nutrition and Management
- Forage, Pasture & Range Management
- By-Product Feeds
- Beef Forage Crops Systems
- Herd Health
- Livestock and the Environment
- Marketing and Livestock Budgets
- Nebraska Beef Quality Assurance Program