Sandhills Rangeland Monitoring Cooperative (SRMC) Hosts Rangeland Monitoring Webinar February 25th
The SRMC is a collaborative project between UNL Extension, USDA-NRCS, and cattle producers in the Sandhills of Nebraska. The SRMC conducts and evaluates monitoring data on a growing number of ranches in the Nebraska Sandhills, connecting ranchers, range managers, scientists, and the public in a network of knowledge exchange relating to rangeland health and management. To learn more about the SRMC project, read the UNL BeefWatch article titled: What Should my Pastures Look Like?
The SRMC is hosting a webinar covering rangeland monitoring topics in the Nebraska Sandhills.
- How to select a monitoring site
- Plant id overview
- Visual/qualitative monitoring methods
- Monitoring methods and tools used for SRMC
- Other tools available (rangeland analysis platform)
- 2019 and 2020 SRMC monitoring data and results
- How to interpret monitoring data
The Webinar will take place on February 25th at 3pm MST/ 4pm CST until 5pm MST/6pm MST.
Register in advance:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar