Understanding and Using Expected Progeny Differences (EPDs), Selection Indexes, and Gene Marker Information When Selecting Beef Bulls
Dr. Matt Spangler, Beef Genetics Specialist, University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
Dr. Bob Weaber, State Specialist-Beef Genetics, University of Missouri.
Learn more about beef cattle EPDs, Selection Indexes, and Gene Markers. With the bull sales quickly approaching, all the information presented in a sale catalog can be really confusing. This webinar will help you sort out what the information means and how it can be applied. This webinar was presented by Dr. Bob Weaber, University of Missoury and Dr. Matt Spangler, University of Nebraska. Bob and Matt are beef cattle specialists with a focus in Beef Cattle Breeding and Genetics.
NOTE: link for recorded webinar opens in new window.
eXtension.org: Beef Cattle EPDs, Selection Indexes, and Gene Markers
Back to Learning Modules
Beef Cattle Production
- Cow-calf, Bull and Heifer Nutrition and Management
- Breeding, Genetics & Reproduction
- Backgrounding, Yearling and Feedlot Nutrition and Management
- Forage, Pasture & Range Management
- By-Product Feeds
- Beef Forage Crops Systems
- Herd Health
- Livestock and the Environment
- Marketing and Livestock Budgets
- Nebraska Beef Quality Assurance Program