Genetics Selection Tools in Beef Cattle EPDs and Antagonisms
Matt Spangler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Beef Genetics Extension Specialist
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Genetic selection tools such as Expected Progeny Differences (EPDs) can be a tremendous tool to make genetic change in cattle. These tools need to be used with care to understand the potential implications and ripple effects of selecting for certain traits. In this webinar, Dr. Spangler discusses what EPDs are and how they can be used to make selection decisions.
Beef Cattle Production
- Cow-calf, Bull and Heifer Nutrition and Management
- Breeding, Genetics & Reproduction
- Backgrounding, Yearling and Feedlot Nutrition and Management
- Forage, Pasture & Range Management
- By-Product Feeds
- Beef Forage Crops Systems
- Herd Health
- Livestock and the Environment
- Marketing and Livestock Budgets
- Nebraska Beef Quality Assurance Program