The University of Nebraska is conducting research around the idea of integrating cattle and cropping systems to best use the resources in Eastern Nebraska. Recently, a field day was held at ENREC (formerly ARDC) near Mead to showcase this work. The proceedings for the field day are available at https://go.unl.edu/2018capturingvalueresources.
- The UNL Beef Systems Initiative: Can we sustainably produce more with the same resources?
- Nitrate toxicity: What is the potential when grazing cover crops?
- Oats planted after corn harvest: How much grazing can we get?
- Can improved bromegrass and switchgrass varieties be used for year round grazing?
- Grazing rye planted in corn and soybean systems: How do the cattle and crops perform?
For additional information or questions, contact:
Kristen Ulmer, Nebraska Extension Educator (email@example.com)
Mary Drewnoski, UNL Beef Systems Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)