Opportunities to Add Value to Your Calf Crop
Resource: Lynn Gordon, Nebraska Department of Agriculture
April 20, 2010
The Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) along with the University of Nebraska Extension presented the "Opportunities to Add Value to Your Calf Crop" webinar. During the webinar, information on the demand and guidelines for non-hormone treated cattle was discussed. The European Union's demand for non-hormone treated cattle continues to increase, and now may be a time for Nebraska producers to position themselves to be eligible to export their high-quality beef products into this market, especially the non-hormone treated beef market.
During the webinar, presenter Lynn Gordon with NDA discussed these topics and more.
- The increased export market demand for non-hormone treated cattle.
- How cow/calf producers can position themselves in the market.
- Additional marketing options through source-and-age along with natural verification programs.
View the Adobe Connect webinar: http://connect.extension.iastate.edu/p87862843/
(opens in new window)
Back to Videos and Webinars page
Beef Cattle Production
- Cow-calf, Bull and Heifer Nutrition and Management
- Breeding, Genetics & Reproduction
- Backgrounding, Yearling and Feedlot Nutrition and Management
- Forage, Pasture & Range Management
- By-Product Feeds
- Beef Forage Crops Systems
- Herd Health
- Livestock and the Environment
- Marketing and Livestock Budgets
- Nebraska Beef Quality Assurance Program